• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TX-NR676 to projector Epson 2045 and Visio sound bar SB3651

gy26

Novice Member
Hello All, I am new to AV stuff and trying to setup my Game room. I have my TV connected to my existing soundbar in the front, with a pull-down projector screen on front ceiling.
I have my projector on back ceiling, along with my seating, till now I have my audio coming out of projector, not great but works for my small room.
How can I get audio from my projector to soundbar ?
Recently I bought a Onkyo TX-NR676 receiver, hoping I can connect my other input video sources receiver hdmi to projector and use the existing sound bar for audio out. Video part obviously worked out, and can still get audio from projector for all input video sources on receiver.
But not able to get audio out of receiver to sound bar. It’s a 5.1 sound bar system and planning to re use it.
How can I get audio from my receiver to soundbar ?
Can u let me know my options for both.
Thanks.

gibbsy

There are two HDMI out on the rear of the Onkyo, one of these may be assignable to audio only and this is the one you should use to get 5.1. I'm not an Onkyo owner, hopefully someone else will chip in.

However, you now have a receiver that when connected to passive speakers in the full surround sound mode of at least 5.1 is going to be far superior to a soundbar, even in a small room. Trying to connect to a soundbar is a waste of the Onkyo's talents.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom