Onkyo TX-NR656 Valuation Help Please

imjay

Have an opportunity to buy a TX-NR656 for $200 and I know nothing about recent AV models. I have been using and satisfied with two almost "ancient" surround receivers - Onkyo HTR-500 and Pioneer VSC-D811S. Is the Onkyo TX-NR656 a satisfactory and reliable AV surround platform to replace one of my aging receivers? Thanks

vinokirk

Standard Member
Have an opportunity to buy a TX-NR656 for $200 and I know nothing about recent AV models. I have been using and satisfied with two almost "ancient" surround receivers - Onkyo HTR-500 and Pioneer VSC-D811S. Is the Onkyo TX-NR656 a satisfactory and reliable AV surround platform to replace one of my aging receivers? Thanks
I got mine for £285 so I think $200 sounds reasonable

JonnyTester

Coming in at under £150 I have to say that, yes it is a very good price. I'm not sure about the overall spec of the US version, but the EU version only has HDCP 2.2 support (and hence 4K) on 3 (if I remember correctly) of the HDMI inputs. And no HDR support. If this isn't an issue, then fill your boots.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom