Onkyo Tx-nr626

Daz71

Novice Member
Hi..I have a dilemma....
I am running my new Sony 4k HDR TV through my Onkyo TX-NR626 connected via arc, everything seems to be ok I have watched 4k through YouTube and Netflix and it looks great although HDR dosnt look much different from HD on Netflix??? I also have a ps4, sky HD, and a firestick 4k connected to the amp, But am I really getting full 4k?? In which case I'm wondering if I should upgrade. I have read that my amp dosnt support HDCP 2.2 or hdmi 2 and that it won't play copyrighted material? But ot 100% sure what this means.
Dose this include Netflix?
Thanks

chris walkden

Novice Member
I am in the same boat at the moment with my supposed 4k Onkyo tx nr62 and my new Qled 4k TV. I get picture and sound and the HD channels look good most of the time, but I am underwhelmed at the quality to be fair, hence why I am thinking am I getting True ultra HD or standard 1080. As for the standard definition TV channels, it looks pants. I have streamed 4k content via Youtube and it is amazing quality unlike the majority of content via Virgin media and their ultra HD box. I am confused because I run everything through my AV Amp, my ps4, pc and the V6 Virgin cable box and know it can show ultra HD, just confused about the majority of content not looking WOW.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom