ONKYO TX-NR626 no sound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by darkfenny, Feb 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. darkfenny

darkfenny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have upgraded to a new Onkyo 626 and often find there is no sound from switching to TV/CD ie sound coming from the TV to the amp. ( I use the SAT/CAB for my satellite box ) It's not all the time and sometimes it flashes PCM and MUTTING on the amp. I found that I have to turn on and off the CEC RHID setting to get the sound back. I never had this issue with my earlier Onkyo 509. Any ideas??

2. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +950
    What TV is it? Does it support ARC properly? Can you turn on/off CEC on the TV with the same result as doing it via the amp? Have you tried another hdmi cable? [Sounds like a hdmi handshake issue on the source change to me.]

Have you tried the mains off (not standby) on all equipment trick (in the Onkyo manual - p89 of my 515 manual so similar area on the 626 no doubt...) after getting the RHID/CEC and hdmi standby pass-through options as you want them? {It's mentioned in the 515/615 owners threads as a cure for hdmi oddities and the 626 is a very similar beast.}

3. darkfenny

darkfenny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a LG 47LM620t it has arc feature I assume it's ok as worked on previous receiver. Regarding the mains off option do you mean I should just power off everything and turn back on? Or do I need to do anything else?

4. Bill Furgason

Bill Furgason
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Onkyo tx-nr626 purchased in April, 2014. Been working great in a 5.1 setup with a 70 inch Sharp, Energy 12 inch sub, and Polk In walls since final installation in June, 2014

Sound now intermittently cuts out - almost as if it needs to warm up before it will play. Have read about the HDMI board needing to be replaced or the chips needing to heat up. Any assistance out there?