Onkyo Tx-NR616 firmware corrupt

ONKYOYoYo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have got My Onkyo Tx-NR616 to turn on but there is no HDMI OUT displaying on the TV
I have gone through debug mode and the firmware check
V and K shows no firmware details

I have tried doing the firmware update using the key combination and using the ethernet cable but get error
"error!! 5-82"

Is there any way to force the firmware update please
Or using the UART or JTAG interface

I am really stuck and need some help
Thanks all in advance

Do you have instructions on how to do it in force mode
please
thanks

Hi
All
I have tried to update by USB and still get the same error
5-82 on vsp and vmpu

Please can someone send me the firmware so that I can program this myself or upload it
alternatively can I use the UART cable
Please can someone reply and assist me, I will be really grateful and appreciate it so much

Many Thanks
Kind Regards

It is highly unusual to have corrupted firmware for both video uCom and signal processor. I've fixed many 515 and 616 models with no video due to corrupted K firmware (displayed in this form ??????????) with correct values for V. Your amp probably have hardware fault like misisng 3.3v or 1.8v rail, hence both ICs won't boot. Since you have USB CH341A chip programmer, you can give it a try and reprogram Q8040 (V) with this .bin file.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 277
It is highly unusual to have corrupted firmware for both video uCom and signal processor. I've fixed many 515 and 616 models with no video due to corrupted K firmware (displayed in this form ??????????) with correct values for V. Your amp probably have hardware fault like misisng 3.3v or 1.8v rail, hence both ICs won't boot. Since you have USB CH341A chip programmer, you can give it a try and reprogram Q8040 (V) with this .bin file.
Hi
Thanks for the reply
I dont have any question marks when i check the firmware as seen in the photos above

I have also been thinking it might be a voltage problem but i cant get to the regulators as they are on the bottom of the board.
can I do any tests from the top or can i flip the board over with something underneath and test and
in order to do this do all the cables need to be attached
Thanks so much

Take a close look at my post above and you'll find download link.
Yes, regulators are on the bottom, but you can still measure voltages on the top of the board. Look for wee smd coils around both ICs. Grab service manual to find out which coils are provide power to those chips.

Yes, regulators are on the bottom, but you can still measure voltages on the top of the board. Look for wee smd coils around both ICs. Grab service manual to find out which coils are provide power to those chips.
Thanks for the dump
i have got it. I sent you a pm

hi do you know what the references are for the regulators please
thanks

I am stuck now
can i use the uart port to fix the firmware

it seems like i have all the voltages
help please
thanks all

On the board there are several service connectors that seems like are for different things
If I need to enter uart mode to look at the vmpu do i use p8702
please can someone confirm
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom