Onkyo TX-NR609 not receiving ARC sound from new LG TV

Woods Man

Novice Member
I set up my new LG OLED48CXPUB TV last night. Pretty gorgeous picture. Today tried using the HDMi ARC feature to the Onkyo TX-NR609 to which it is attached, but alas no sound. Did the Hardware setup as the manual called for... pretty straight forward, even trying to repeat the setup to be sure it was correct (RIHD off, exit setup, enter setup> hardware setup> HDMI setup> and turn RIHD on). The Onkyo searches and turns up the model number of the BluRay player (which was turned off and connected to the BD/DVD HDMI input), but not the LG TV, which is connected to the TV HDMI output (and should work with ARC). I've tried powering everything off and back on after the setup (as the manual mentions this might be needed. HDMI ARC is the selected sound output on the LG. Tried in both Amazon Prime and Apple TV, still no sound to the receiver (TV/CD obviously selected as the input selector on the Onkyo... still no sound). The ARC feature works with my Sony 950G and the Onkyo TX-RZ630 (a newer AVR, obviously). It would be great to fix this. The ARC feature is important for us. Any help?

Woods Man

Novice Member
I am posting this in case others have had the same issue I had getting HDMI ARC to work with an Onkyo AVR (in my case a TX-NR609). Called Onkyo support, fast and helpful, and a really duh fix that worked. Unplugged everything, waited 60 seconds, plugged in again, turned on TV first, then AVR. ... et voila... I now have sound through the AVR.

rchinnapo

Novice Member
Hi - happens with my TX-NR898 and fixed this from the LG TV setup.
In the TV - choose the input ARC HDMI and Edit to make the setup, you would be taken through if it is for home theatre - choose that and you will be asked to choose the make of this receiver, choose Onkyo and asked to choose remote options - finish this setup.

This will initiate fresh setup and you will get the audio in your Onkyo!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom