• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TX-NR609 FLAC Issue

alan33

Standard Member
I have just acquired an Onkyo TX-NR609 AV receiver and am well pleased with it. I also obtained the Onkyo UWF1 Wireless Receiver to allow access to my digital files located on my computer. However, despite the system being set up correctly, the device seems not to recognise FLAC lossless files. I have read and reread the instructions thoroughly but can't seem to find any answers to this issue. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:

dipzb90

Standard Member
hi mate what you need to do is setup another DLNA server which will allow you to play files directly, i used PS3 Media Server PS3 Media Server

it's really easy to set up and use and you will be able to browse your file system on your PC and play FLAC files, i just figured this out yesterday hope this helps :)

alan33

Standard Member
I have now discovered that the FLAC files will play via a hard disk connected via the USB port, but not via the Wi-Fi. Indeed, any folders that contain FLAC files on my computer are not even recognised when accessed via Wi-Fi. Why do you think the FLAC files will play if held on a PS3 devise rather than my computer? My son has a PS2 so I will set it up. Do you know of any other devises that are DNLA compliant? Do you know if it is possible to use a USB splitter to access the W-Fi dongle and a hard disk.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
They are not on a PS3. You're just using PS3 Media Server which is software. The alternative media servers are far better than Windows Media Player. I could never get WMP (Win 7) to work with my Yamaha receiver properly. I ended up using Asset uPnP which was recommended by someone on this forum. (thanks again btw). You just run the server software and it will stream to the amp and hopefully you will be able to see the files. Asset is by far the best I've used due to the way it catalogues and organises the music on the amp. I don't use it much as I have a Squeezebox but if I didn't, I would use it.

Asset UPnP DLNA

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom