• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TX-NR414 Component to HDMI

pickledo

Standard Member
Hi

I'm about to buy a shiny new AV receiver and the above Onkyo seems to be in my price range. What I'm having difficulty finding out (and even reading the manual of it was a touch confusing) is will the 414 turn a component input (from my ageing 20gb xbox 360!) into an HDMI output, so I can run everything (Tivo/blu ray and xbox) from the same HDMI output. I've had a look around here but haven't been able to find a definite answer.

If this one won't, what is a good alternative? that is also controllable via my android phone and has component inputs

Cheers.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You are looking for a receiver with upconversion so if you see that listed you will be fine. The 414 does not do upconversion (it is towards the back of the manual about video configurations). Hence it will not convert component to HDMI.
I believe the denon 1713 has upconversion so that could be an option. What speakers do you have?

dante01

Distinguished Member
You are looking for a receiver with upconversion so if you see that listed you will be fine. The 414 does not do upconversion (it is towards the back of the manual about video configurations). Hence it will not convert component to HDMI.
I believe the denon 1713 has upconversion so that could be an option. What speakers do you have?

The Denon AVR1713 has no video processing capabilities. I think the cheapest receiver to have such an ability to be the Onkyo TXNR515? The Denon AVR2113 also has video conversion and scaling capabilities and would be a better option than the TXNR515 in my opinion even though it is £30 more.

Last edited:

pickledo

Standard Member
Cheers for the advice

I've got some Roth Oli 3 floorstanders at the moment, will probably branch out into some separates soon. I'll check out those receivers, cheers

bumpymark2

Established Member
if you want video conversion to 1080p via hdmi consider the sony str-dh820 this converts component and composite to above resolution and its currently on sale at richer sounds for £180! on sonys website its £349!! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom