• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TX-NR 515 and Tannoy HTS-101 - what is the best speaker cables?

Claytom

Standard Member
All, I'm new to the AV scene. I'm renovating a house and the owner has a new Onkyo TX-NR 515 amp and Tannoy HTS-101 speakers. Can you please advise on the best type of speaker cable needed. Thanks. Matt

lookatbowen

Established Member
All, I'm new to the AV scene. I'm renovating a house and the owner has a new Onkyo TX-NR 515 amp and Tannoy HTS-101 speakers. Can you please advise on the best type of speaker cable needed. Thanks. Matt

Hi Matt,

I was wondering if you had any joy with the speaker cable? I am surprised no one responded to your request. Funny enough, I recently bought the Onkyo TX-NR 616 AVR and I am wondering the exact same question you have posed in this forum.

If you have the cable and your speakers setup correctly, I would appreciate if you could share what cable you are using, where you got it from, and what connectors you are using and what type of connectors are on the back of the Tannoy HTS-101.

Also if you could give out of 10 what you think of the speakers / subwoofer. I've read all the websites and the big name website reviews rate them highly, but it would be good to know what you think?

Thanks,

Mike

Claytom

Standard Member
Mike,

i bought the items from exceptional-av.co.uk. I was recommended silver tdi cable and bought at a discount.

I've not plugged in the equipment yet as the room is being renovated.

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom