Onkyo tx n509

D

Deleted member 579316

Hi, I have recently bought my first av amp and am very pleased so far, but on connecting my ps3 to it gaming audio is great with the onkyo on, but my turtle beach headset is trying to out put 5.1 now, instead of 2 channel. Why?? Please help...Daz

davepuma

Distinguished Member
How are the headphones connected? I would have thought that you would need a separate optical connection from the PS3 to the headphones as before and then change the audio from HDMI to optical when you want to use the headphones and back again when you want to use the amp + speakers.

D

Deleted member 579316

Hi Dave , headphones are connected via L/R phono jacks which were into the audio out on my tv, then they run to the ps3 via USB

D

Deleted member 579316

How are the headphones connected? I would have thought that you would need a separate optical connection from the PS3 to the headphones as before and then change the audio from HDMI to optical when you want to use the headphones and back again when you want to use the amp + speakers.

A bit new to this, they are connected through phono jacks from output of tv then to the ps3 via USB , all was good before but this onkyo is so complex seems to be talking and altering settings on my tv as well. Daz

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom