onkyo tx n 646

cliff60

Novice Member
is there a way to move the PC screen so it fits on the TV when running it through the AVR?

When i connect my PC to the AVR via HDMI the screen gets narrower and i lose about an inch off each side and its gets higher so i lose the top and bottom of the screen. IE half the taskbar is off the bottom and for browers part of the top of the browser is off the screen so cant see the x tab to close the browser or the bookmarks bar.

Tried windows settings and change resolution which made it even worse as that just made it narrower and higher. tried the TV settings same thing.

Ive got dobly atmos for windows but that only works if its connected to a dolby atmos AVR but it screws up the screen size when connected to the AVR.

There is a PC HDMI socket on the back to connect a PC but it just screws up the screen size.

Doesnt seem to be anything in the manual on how to change screen size.

rccarguy2

Check TV overscan settings.

cliff60

Novice Member
sorted it out. Used colour gamma calibration in windows display settings. and it put the screen in the right size.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom