1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ONKYO TX-DS 595 sub crossover??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Chivalry, Mar 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hmm.. lo all.. i got this reciever but cant dig out the manual,, im sure its in loft but a right pain to get to,,,, so all i need to know is.. when my new VX 10 sub arrives.... is it poossible to set the frequency crossover with this amp?.. alot of ppl say set to 80 but in mot sure i have that choice.... all i can see is small or large front speakers... and if this alters it does anyone know what the correct settings are... i mean whats the crossover set at if small speakers are selected.. and what is it for large speakers... thnx alot.. sry to be a pain,, :0)

ps...any tips setting this reciever up with new sub greatly appreiciated.. is my first sub so a little unsure what to do :0)

2. c.wilko

c.wilko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have the 595 aswell and would also like to find this info. I have looked through the manual (you can download a pdf version from the onkyo site) but found nothing.

I seem to remember reading on a thread here that it was an 80hz crossover (unadjustable) with small speaker settings but I can't be sure.

Not much help I know!, hopefully someone will enlighten us:)

Chris

3. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    i hope it is 80 cause that seems to be the main prefernce of ppl that can adjust it... so ill be happy with that :0) now if only someone can just clarify the info .. :lesson: