Onkyo tuner clipping ???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Scottio, Apr 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Scottio

Scottio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need some help.
    I have had an onkyo tuner for about 6 years now, and two infinity floor speakers. The tuner is not a surround sound , just a four channel reciever. I have always just ran the two channels to the floor speakers and did not use the other two channels.
    Well now I recently bought a pair of Klipsch scw-3 in wall speakers , hooked them up to the "A" channels on the reciever.My problem is that when BOTH SETS of speakers are on, and at high volume ( not distorted yet), my tuner clips off. It does not do it either when the front speakers alone are on , nor when the rear speakers alone are on, just when ALL speakers are on. Can someone tell me , does this mean my tuner is bad ??? Or what else could be the problem ?

Thanks for the help,
    Scottio

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Obviously it's overloaded, either the amplification isn't up to the task or the speakers are not well matched, i.e. low sensitivity and/or low impedance.

If that is "bad" is a question of your point of view or expectations ...