Onkyo TSXR 507 issue

vaudaz

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought a TSXR 507 before christmas after hearing it at Richer Sounds and after reading the reviews on here for it. On a few occasions I have found when watching Sky HD through it onto our Sony 40KDL V4000 TV the picture goes blank but the sound continues. To get the picture back you have to change the HDMI input to another selection ie: PS3 and then go back to Sky and then it's fine. I have swapped the HDMI cables around and nothing seems to solve it. Has anyone else had this issue or know why it's happening?

Wish I could help you out but I am thinking of getting this amp today,

this has now put me off ...

I've had the 577 about the same amount of time as you, and *touch wood* no problems.

What TV do you have ?? Does it have Vieralink or Bravia link, where the TV can controll the amp. i.e using the volume on your tv remote adjusts the volume on your amp ??
If so then I would have a play with the HDMI settings, does your PS3 not loose picture too ??

I have the HDMI control turned off so no sound goes to the TV and not able to control the amp sound with the TV control. I don't lose picture on the PS3 - or haven't so far, only with Sky.

The TV has bravia link - I think, it's the KDL V4000, 40 inch.

The amp itself is awesome, please don't let this put you off it's just annoying that this happens. May need to call Richer Sounds to see what they can suggest.

Have you tried connecting sky HD to a different input ??

See if that makes any difference. If it is still doing it, then the problem may be a setting on the sky box. If not then its probably that input that is to blame, and you should go and get an exchange.

I'm sure I've read about this issue with Bravia link on the 507 ownders thread, check that out and you may find your answer. Just set aside a good few hours to do it......it's a long thread! :D

vaudaz I have the same Sony TV but have never had the sort of problem you describe with any equipment connected to it including the Sky-HD box.

I've never bothered with so therefore never touched the Bravia/Theatre mode so your problem, as JonnyF suggests, may well be with this setting on the TV.

I'm sure a quick call to Richer will sort things out as I've always found them very helpful :smashin:

I have the HDMI control turned off so no sound goes to the TV and not able to control the amp sound with the TV control. I don't lose picture on the PS3 - or haven't so far, only with Sky.

The TV has bravia link - I think, it's the KDL V4000, 40 inch.

The amp itself is awesome, please don't let this put you off it's just annoying that this happens. May need to call Richer Sounds to see what they can suggest.

Vaudaz...did you fix this? I have recently purchased a sony BDP 360 blu ray player and its doing the same. its quite infrequent but the screen has gone blank a couple of times...the sound has continued and ive had a fuzzing screen that tries to find the correct aspect ratio....

Anyones thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Vaudaz...did you fix this? I have recently purchased a sony BDP 360 blu ray player and its doing the same. its quite infrequent but the screen has gone blank a couple of times...the sound has continued and ive had a fuzzing screen that tries to find the correct aspect ratio....

Anyones thoughts would be greatly appreciated
the solution to most of these issues is to disable the CEC\Link\Anynet\Autoswitching\etc on the component that is giving rise to the problem. the "Link" mode is manufacturer specific and will, more often than not, not work properly with a different manufacturers system.

the solution to most of these issues is to disable the CEC\Link\Anynet\Autoswitching\etc on the component that is giving rise to the problem. the "Link" mode is manufacturer specific and will, more often than not, not work properly with a different manufacturers system.

Thanks strawbs...i will look at the anynet\autoswitching options on my Sony BDP 360, panasonic 50S10 and my onkyo 577. ive read somewhere else that the sony many have a handshaking issue with some onkyo products. is the autoswitching an HDMI issue that is related to handshaking?

Thanks

Thanks strawbs...i will look at the anynet\autoswitching options on my Sony BDP 360, panasonic 50S10 and my onkyo 577. ive read somewhere else that the sony many have a handshaking issue with some onkyo products. is the autoswitching an HDMI issue that is related to handshaking?

Thanks
yes, that's exactly my meaning.

There seems to be no global standard in this regard & each manufacturer has their own autoswitching technology - which will sometimes cause conflicts when connected via HDMI to the competitions equipment. The one thing they seem to have agreed on is the ability to disable the feature, so we can mix and match our A\V equipment to our hearts content. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom