• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Onkyo stopped playing Dolby all of a sudden.

HAL9000

Established Member
Hi all.

Looking for a bit of help here if you could.

I’ve had my system set up now for quite a while and has been problem free.
I have a Sony blu ray player rigged up to the amp via HDMI then from the amp to the TV. Just like that it doesn’t want to play Dolby. None of the settings have been messed around with.
What I have noticed is that once I switch the amp on and then the blu ray player, the HDMI and PCM icons on the amp display are constantly flashing.
I’ve had a little bit of a play around with things by trying other sources like other blu ray players and PS4. It does seem as though it’s a problem with the amp.
I’ve tried a coaxial cable with the main blu ray player and there is no problem at all. It plays everything just fine. The only thing I’ve noticed when using the coaxial with DTS MASTER discs is that I get just DTS displayed on the amp display.

If anyone could help here it really would be most appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom