Onkyo SR875 and new Samsung 55" F8000

Nemesis666

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Question is should Sky HD/3D and soon to be purchased Blueray player be routed through the Onkyo via HDMI and then output to TV with single HDMI or direct to TV and use optical via Onkyo for audio only??

Also have had Onkyo since it was launched and tips/suggestions from recent as to setup etc and config? We moved recently an I lost all the settings aarrgghh!

Thanks

Darren

Any pointers anyone please???

Thanks

Routing Sky 3D through the amp will be fine as it does side by side (HDMI 1.3) 3d , if you want to keep your amp and are buying a 3d BD player look at something with 2 HDMI outs I think, eg one to the TV then the other to the amp for HD sound, the 875 isn't hdmi 1.4 compatible.. other thoughts are using HDMI splitters or cabling through optical but you will lose HD sound doing so.

I have the same problem, 875 and a new 3d tv - no sure what to do yet, just been quoted £850 for a onkyo 818 which is money i dont have, but fear dropping to a current 6 series onkyo although it will do 3D is going to be a serious loss in sounds quality overall
:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom