• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo SR608 Neet HDMI splitter not working

charliebrown

Standard Member
Hi all,
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a frustrating issue that I cannot get my head around.
To keep it short I have an HDMI cable running from My Sky HD box to a Neet 4 way HDMI splitter box. coming out of the box I have a Neet HDMI cable running to the Onkyo SR 608, and from there a short HDMI to the TV (Panasonic plasma).
The problem I have is that the receiver does not seem to be recognising the HDMI input and hence all I get on the TV is a blue screen.
The green output light on the splitter stays green for about 10 seconds before switiching off. If I connect the HDMI directly to the TV (bypassing the receiver) then the picture and sound are working fine.
Please help!!!
Thanks in advance.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Is your Distribution Amp (Splitter) powered or 'passive'?

Is there a Display attached to the HDMI Output of the AVR?

Joe

charliebrown

Standard Member
Is your Distribution Amp (Splitter) powered or 'passive'?

Is there a Display attached to the HDMI Output of the AVR?

Joe
Hi Joe,
The Distribution Amp is I believe the latest version from Neet (Neet® 4 way HDMI Splitter - 4K x 2k Ultra HD 1 x 4 with IR Control Support..3D) and yes it is powered.
The display attached to the output of the AVR is a Panasonic plasma which is where I am getting the blue screen. Any ideas on why?
Thanks!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Many potential reasons why you are seeing the blue screen.

Older AVR's can be tricky to integrate into a Distributed system.

Worth trying moving the Output the AVR is connected to on the DA - lower cost Distribution kit tends to 'cheat' some of the Outputs.

A device such as the HDFury HDMI Detective inserted between the DA and the AVR is worth considering - Dr HDMI – The Media Factory

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom