ONKYO Receivers with SKY+ Remote

jab1972

Standard Member
I am thinking of purchasing the up and coming ONKYO TX-SR705 but I would really like to use my SKY HD remote to control the master volume. I have looked around but can not find any codes for ONKYO what so ever. All the code lists I have found seem to have every manufacture you can think off (and some I havn't even heard of) but no mention of ONKYO.

It looks like it is possable to get the supplied remote with the TX-SR705 to control SKY box's but it does not have any of the four colour buttons?

Have any ONKYO owners managed to get their SKY+/SKY H/D controls to work?

Thanks

Jason

M

Matt-UK

I have the SR875 and have taught my Onkyo remote the SKY+ HD Remote, but have not tried it the other way round.

maxh

I think I remember someone posting that code 1175 worked for them.

If it does work for you then can you let us know what model Onkyo it works on please.

I'm thinking of getting the 875 and this is one thing holding me back purchasing it.

Hope it works.

jab1972

Standard Member
Cheers Maxh, This too is my only issue holding me off putting in an order for the 705. Can anybody with an Onkyo amp and Sky+/Sky HD try 1175 on their Sky remote and see if it works? (I am only really worried in controlling the master volume).

I would have thought if it works on one model it should work on all of them as the IR pulses should be the same across the range, they are for other makes of TV's and Amp's i.e. Sony

Matt-UK, how do you get on with controlling your Sky Box with the Onkyo remote? What buttons do you use for the colour buttons? Can you assign any buttons on the Onkyo remote to do what you wish?

Cheers

Jason

jab1972

Standard Member
Just been doing some research on the 1175 code. It looks like that is the code you put into the Onkyo remote to control Sky and Sky+ box's.

What I want (and can't find any reference to Onkyo) is the code to put into the Sky+/Sky HD control to be able to control at least the master volume on the Onkyo amp. This is possible on a number of other AV amps made by other manufactures.

I currently have a Sky HD box and so 1175 in the Onkyo control would not work for me any way. I suspect I would have to learn the remote the commands manually.

Back to the drawing board! :mad::mad:

M

Matt-UK

Just been doing some research on the 1175 code. It looks like that is the code you put into the Onkyo remote to control Sky and Sky+ box’s.

What I want (and can’t find any reference to Onkyo) is the code to put into the Sky+/Sky HD control to be able to control at least the master volume on the Onkyo amp. This is possible on a number of other AV amps made by other manufactures.

I currently have a Sky HD box and so 1175 in the Onkyo control would not work for me any way. I suspect I would have to learn the remote the commands manually.

Back to the drawing board! :mad::mad:

Might be worth asking over on Digitalspy forums in the Sky / HD forums.

Almost all of the Sky buttons are catered for on the Onkyo remote, the only major exception being the damned colour ones.

diveandy

Standard Member
I am thinking of purchasing the up and coming ONKYO TX-SR705 but I would really like to use my SKY HD remote to control the master volume. I have looked around but can not find any codes for ONKYO what so ever. All the code lists I have found seem to have every manufacture you can think off (and some I havn't even heard of) but no mention of ONKYO.

It looks like it is possable to get the supplied remote with the TX-SR705 to control SKY box's but it does not have any of the four colour buttons?

Have any ONKYO owners managed to get their SKY+/SKY H/D controls to work?

Thanks

Jason

yes!

I have an 805 and the code to control the volume on the 805 from your Sky Remote is 0163

Follow the instructions at
Sky+ AV Remote Setup Info

(TV, hold select and 0, (two flashes) type 0163
then to enable punchthrough
TV, Select and 1 (two flashes) and Sky key)

enjoy!

Tested on an HD remote but should work on any rev8 I would think...

found this by taking a oneforall onkyo code and adding 28 as has been suggested in some forums..

:clap:

Last edited:

Baz80

I have the sky hd and the 705 and an hd dvd and didnt want to have any more remotes so i went with the logitech harmony 555 universal remote which can be taught to do all the bits i want it to do and turn on the correct stuff to the correct input and control all of the sound and picture options with one remote absolute magic

Red_baron1973

thanks again... works with my 606 (as expected!)

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
edit: misread the post and what you were looking for. I dont know why you dont use your Onkyo amp to control everthing such as tv, dvd, sky, and everything elce you might have and simply assignt the buttons to what you want them to be. I used the sound piramitor buttons for my red, green, yellow, and blue buttons. and the layout of the new onkyos control arnt far off the Sky controller disigns so for me its a no brainer.

Last edited:

avjunkie77

Standard Member
I found a thread on here somewhere with a link to a page, that i cannot find at the moment, that gives you step by step instructions to how to programme the Sky HD remote volume function to send the codes for the Onkyo while all other TV controls remain for the TV :cool:!! Hope this helps

gam

I found a thread on here somewhere with a link to a page, that i cannot find at the moment, that gives you step by step instructions to how to programme the Sky HD remote volume function to send the codes for the Onkyo while all other TV controls remain for the TV :cool:!! Hope this helps

post 7 on this thread :confused:

sush

Standard Member
Hi, got 0163 code working with sky HD remote to control volume and also pressing the left arrow - powers on the amp however pressing it again does not turn the amp off. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ibruceuk

Standard Member
edit: misread the post and what you were looking for. I dont know why you dont use your Onkyo amp to control everthing such as tv, dvd, sky, and everything elce you might have and simply assignt the buttons to what you want them to be. I used the sound piramitor buttons for my red, green, yellow, and blue buttons. and the layout of the new onkyos control arnt far off the Sky controller disigns so for me its a no brainer.

How do you select how to use these buttons on the Onkyo remote?? I've used code 1175 and the only buttons missing are the colours and record and backup. It'd be fab if I could get these working too. :)

Cheers

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
How do you select how to use these buttons on the Onkyo remote?? I've used code 1175 and the only buttons missing are the colours and record and backup. It'd be fab if I could get these working too. :)

Cheers

Simply use the teach/learn mode of the remote bud, really simple to do (its in the manual) :)

Uridium

Distinguished Member
I found using either the Onkyo or the Sky remote to control the other device was nothing but a waste of time. 9 out of 10 times i still had to reach over and grab the other one to access a function the wrong remote couldn't handle.

Ever since i bought a Logitech Harmony I've never looked back. For the sake of £35 for the basic 515/525 you will get a remote that truely controls both properly and will carry out multiple functions with just one button press.

No switching devices on the remote to access functions on Sky or Onkyo; what ever you are doing the right buttons are there.

And it's backlit!

infinite_loop

excellent stuff. Now the wife can have the Sky remote and I have the onkyo remote. At least 20% of the reason I got the 807 was that the remote is a similar form factor and the buttons are in good places to mimic the sky remote. I use the (manually-programmed) sound mode buttons as the colour keys and all is peachy. No need for a creaky logitech!

kgreenway20

Standard Member
excellent stuff. Now the wife can have the Sky remote and I have the onkyo remote. At least 20% of the reason I got the 807 was that the remote is a similar form factor and the buttons are in good places to mimic the sky remote. I use the (manually-programmed) sound mode buttons as the colour keys and all is peachy. No need for a creaky logitech!

Could you provide any pointers on using the sound mode buttons as the colour keys? I'm trying to use my onkyo 606 remote to control SKY HD box. All is working perfectly bar the coloured buttons :( The manual offers no pointers on manually programming keys :confused:

I used code 01175 on the Onkyo remote (Sky +) which should emulate all same functions as on a Sky HD box.

TIA!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors