Onkyo NR609 ARC issue

dlat1982

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can't get audio return with my Panasonic TX-P50GT30 TV. updated the onkyo software last night and managed to get it to work for the first time. Turned everything off and went to bed. Tried it again this morning and no sound coming through the onkyo. Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

Still not been able to resolve this. Has anybody had the same experience?

Still not been able to resolve this. Has anybody had the same experience?

My experience of ARC functionality on numerous models of AV receivers and TVs has been flaky to say the least. To put it another way, I install either a digital audio or analogue audio cable direct from the TV to the receiver on every install I do and it works perfectly every time.

To get ARC working, in theory, you definitely have to have HDMI control functions enabled on both the receiver and TV. This can also result in undesirable operations being carried out such as the TV powering off when you switch of the receiver and vice versa etc. Best avoided in my opinion.

I couldn't get this to work either (but never work unlike the temporary working that you are describing). In my case the issue was the HDMI Control (RIHD) setting which has to be set to ON otherwise no sound. Maybe this setting has got reset post shutdown/reboot?

I have the exact same set up and had the exact same problem, you must have your hdmi from the amp to hdmi 1 on your tv, the correct port is hdmi 2 on on the tv, this does work, or as the other member said tou could take an optical out as well, hope this helped you out

Did you ever get this working. im interested to know as at the moment i have a weird workaround that works everytime. to get the arc working i simply navigate through the panasonic tv menu to network,update sw, after it finds it has the latest sw the arc works for as long as the amp is on. Im happy with the amp so if its something i have to put up with then thats ok. if your having this problem try it and see if it works for you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom