Onkyo HTX22HD Integrated amp/speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.
37 views and no-one knows?

I might have to just take the plunge when it's out :thumbsup:

37 views and no-one knows?

when it's out :thumbsup:

Hi, If the product is pre-order, it is unlikely anyone can give an opinion or review something that isnt released yet :D

I will move this to the All-In-One forums for you, to see if you get a better responce :smashin:

Thanks, just wondered if there were any previews/reviews in the press about it.

They seem to be in stock now at hifigear and a couple of other places, anyone spotted any reviews yet?

this does look like a quality bit of kit and could be the one ive been waiting for :thumbsup:

so who is gonna buy it and post a review???? :thumbsup:

I've looked at that system. Its interesting, wonder if it uses the same circuitry as the Onk 606? I have read somewhere on this forum that Onkyo speakers are a bit ropey in quality. Good value for money though,£400 for full 5.1 HD sound.
I am tempted to wait for a magazine to do a review.

Its a real bargain for something that can decode HD audio, very tempted to buy buy this over a 605+speakers because its so cheap!

buy it buy it buy it buy it :rotfl:

then report back if its anygood :D

im intrested purely as using it as a 2.1 system with my htpc and ps3 both via hdmi

but need to find somewhere i can buy it on tick

SO anyone got this? :D

No sign of any reviews yet, however I think I might be purchasing in a couple of weeks so will drop a review if I do.

Anyone? The system is on store shelfes for a couple weeks now - not only can't I find a professional review but also no feedback in Forums like here. I cannot believe no one has tried the system yet?!

I saw it today at the local dealer but due to the lack of an appropriate audio source I couldn't actually try it and the sales person wasn't able to help me because there was no audio player or such anywhere in sight...

YO YO YO

Now this looks interesting..... 5.1 setup with HD Audio for £400 !!! gotta be catch...

Have been reading up on the HD audio stuff - great site... but mind bending

My setup
Sammy 6 series, Sky HD, & 360 Elite.....

I need to match the serious looks with some serious sound... drop the bomb (Westwood style) i dont have anything in the way of audio stuff....and it needs sorting...

PLease can someone do the hard work for me and tell me if this will hook me up??

Sure im not in this boat alone - just want an easy way into the new HD audio stuff without breaking the bank and getting confused with all the terminology/jargon etc... reading some of the other threads has sent my head spinning !!!! im not bothered about fractions in audio quality and all that - i want it to be bangin ....to drown out my xbox noise !! :)

From reading other threads on here on getting the new Dolby HD stuff seems most people have a PS3 which decodes the new/older audio formats out to a a HDMI amp/speaker setup... in general.

Just that i will be in the market for a blueray player and dont particularily want a ps3 ... like the look of the panny (with the ipod dock) soon to provide the great vid and audio quaility for my movie but seems if you have no audio stuff at present the maths doesnt add up if you dont go for the Onkyo setup?? thoughts...

Would really like this to be a good bit of kit.... shame the looks are a bit 'dated' ??? to me it doesnt look cutting edge ?? hmmm
For the price dont suppose you can complain ??

Yes, I also find the look to be a bit old-fashioned, but if the quality is up to standards then I could live with it... Still no review in sight...

Still nothing yet?

It's the quality of the speakers that are putting me off at the moment...

No sign of any reviews yet, however I think I might be purchasing in a couple of weeks so will drop a review if I do.

any news on this yet :thumbsup:

Looks like a quality piece of kit, looking at the features looks like they have built a 605 in the sub, bet that will get hot!

Baffles me when people state that the quality of the speakers are putting them off as know one has actually heard them yet :suicide:

Why do people think they look old fashioned :eek: They are gloss black 2way speakers what else are they meant to look like, tiny Sony or Bose speakers :rolleyes:

£400 is well priced, as IMO you will have to spend at least another £2/300 for a decent more powerful seperate setup.

So has anyone bought this then??

finding it hard to decide between this and the New Sony HTIS100:confused:

I got the onkyo today with all five speakers from superfi.
got it up and running with my toshiba EP30 and my PS3,
there are plenty of adjustments in the menu which I have'nt played with yet,
it comes with a microphone which it uses to set the speakers up,
standard dvd with dolby and dts are louder than the HD/blu ray soundtracks,
the PS3 is buzzing across the front left and right speakers which is a bit of a pain, the EP30 dose'nt do that though, both are connected by HDMI,
the volume goes from zero to 79 and I'm needing it at around 55-60 which seems quite high, perhaps I'm going deaf ? :eek:
but reading the owners manual it seems that there is an adjustment to crank up the input level so that may mean the main volume can be lowered.
I'm also thinking I could do with cranking the subwoofer up a bit, that's another adjustment that's done in the set up menu, but then again I shoved "dragon wars" on blu ray in and the bass had a good deep rumble on that movie. :thumbsup:
the speakers are high gloss black which goes well with my sharp aquos.
they include a digital toslink lead and there also an HDMI lead in the box.
quite a neat little system, it does it's job nicely in my 10ft x 12ft den. :D

dont suppose you could try it as a 2.1 an report on that too :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom