Onkyo HTX-22HD - Intermittent Audio & Picture Loss

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by welsht0m, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. welsht0m

welsht0m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    All,

I'm really hoping someone might be able to offer some help on this as I love my little setup :(

Just recently I have been getting intermittent loss of audio and picture. By intermittent I mean both drop out for maybe a couple of seconds at random intervals (say every 5 minutes). The intervals do appear to be getting smaller. This is definitely new as I have had my setup for a number of years.

I am almost certain it is the Onkyo as I am getting the drop-outs on multiple inputs (xbox 360 and sony blu-ray player). Plugging either directly into the TV (samsung) resolves the issue thus ruling out the input devices and the HDMI leads. I have also swapped the HDMI output lead from the Onkyo and tried it in various inputs on the TV.

Finally I have also performed a software reset on the Onkyo (hold 'listening-mode' & 'input source' until 'clear' is displayed on the screen).

I'm really at a loss and would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Alf35

Alf35
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If no parameter has changed, and the whole behavior was correct for years, I would think about a hardware failure (HDMI board, or something else).

3. welsht0m

welsht0m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm fearing as much - just posting in the hope there might be something else I have over looked.

Any advice on places that offer repair - although i'm guessing that the repair route is unlikely to make sound economic sense.

4. Alf35

Alf35
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Perhaps you could try to use the amp for audio only (change video parameters to Through to avoid video processing). Or forget the HDMI links and use an optical audio link.

No very satisfying, but you would avoid costly repairing...