Question Onkyo HTS7705 Dolby Atmos Package, sit where?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Crush2019, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Crush2019

Crush2019

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, Sorry if this is a repost. I've just purchased ONKYO HTS7705, so I can listen to dolby atmos as I was thinking at a later date to goto pioneer elite system later in the year. anyway for £700 it does sound very impressive however, I feel to get the height experience I almost have to sit on my tv... i.e. I've got a rectangle sitting room 3.3m by 4.7m with the TV on the longest wall and opposite is the sofa. I've placed the speakers around and put the dolby atmos demo on of the forset and thunder storm. Sitting on the sofa is impressive 2.4m away from tv but not as impressived as setting 1m away from the tv, as then the sound does sound like its coming from the ceiling however I can't watch TV like this - is there a way you can alter the angle of the top speakers on the onkyo so the sound is above when sitting on sofa. i hope this makes sense ! :) or have I configured this up wrong!!

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,232
    You should sit where you placed the mic during calibration. The calibration cannot however compensate for where you've locatec your speakers and you should try to locate them as close as you can to the 5.1.2 configration recommended by Dolby:

Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 Speaker Setup