Onkyo hts3200 ?

pops107

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My old lg (ht902pb) system is in for repair with comet under there extended warranty and look's like it is not going to get repaired so going to have to get a new system from comet:(, i now have a blu-ray player so dont need a dvd system and i found this but i no nothing about Onkyo at all or this system.

Old system LG HT902PB Theater System Specs - DealTime.co.uk

Buy ONKYO HTS3200 | 5.1 receiver and speaker package - Home Cinema Systems | Comet

Is it going to sound a lot better then my old system ? (That i was quite happy with for hwta it was)

What is the sub going to be like at 100w ? With my old one been 225w

Is it a good av recever with poor speakers ?

Would i be better of using my old speakers with the new system?

Sorry for the long post but thanks for reading if you got this far:)

The receiver appears to be the same as the TX-SR307 with a powered (passive) sub out instead of the usual line out for an active sub. I suspect it will offer a significant improvement over the LG. Even though it has HDMI inputs, you won't get HD audio from this receiver, you would need to move up to the TX-SR507 for that.

Onkyo Europe - HT-S3200

It's hard to say whether the speakers will be better or worse, I haven't heard either - let your ears answer that one.

The receiver appears to be the same as the TX-SR307 with a powered (passive) sub out instead of the usual line out for an active sub. I suspect it will offer a significant improvement over the LG. Even though it has HDMI inputs, you won't get HD audio from this receiver, you would need to move up to the TX-SR507 for that.

Onkyo Europe - HT-S3200

It's hard to say whether the speakers will be better or worse, I haven't heard either - let your ears answer that one.

Thanks for you reply i have tryed every where to find what receiver it is but it seems to be the only one with a passive sub out,

One other thing if i connect audio via optical from blu-ray to amp will this give me hd audio?

And would it be best to leave my blu-ray connceted to the tv via hdmi or through the amp to tv?

Optical only carries DD and DTS, it looks like it doesn't do LPCM either so no HD audio at all with this receiver. In fact I think I saw somewhere that it only passes Video via HDMI, but I can't find where I saw it. As I stated earlier, you would need to step up to the TX-SR507 for HD audio, but that's nearly the price of the whole system, and AFAIK, you won't get one from Comet.

Last edited:
Optical only carries DD and DTS, it looks like it doesn't do LPCM either so no HD audio at all with this receiver. As I stated earlier, you would need to step up to the TX-SR507 for HD audio, but that's nearly the price of the whole system, and AFAIK, you won't get one from Comet.

Thanks looks like i will have to stick with this due to haveing to buy from comet i have looked at spending more cash and buying a better all in 1 but i keep coming back to this look's like its the best option i have at the moment well hope it is better then my old system

I have had a look at my old speakers and thay say 310w 4Ω will these work with the amp?

Could you get a credit note and treat 'er indoors to a new washing machine or something, then slink off to Richersounds in Hull?

I'd be inclined to stick with the speakers in the package if you have to take that route.

BTW are you FC or KR?

Could you get a credit note and treat 'er indoors to a new washing machine or something, then slink off to Richersounds in Hull?

I'd be inclined to stick with the speakers in the package if you have to take that route.

BTW are you FC or KR?

Thanks again i will see and what i can sort out.

FC all the way Iam west hull thanks again Treadstone

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom