• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Question Onkyo HT-S7805 / HT-R695 - buzzing left height speaker

Swordtail1

Novice Member
Hi. I recently bought the above system in the UK. I've read accounts on a couple of other posts about this issue where the left height speak produces a buzzing noise, and I am getting the same issue. Extensive testing leads me to conclude the fault is in the amplifier itself. It occurs at worst via the ARC input, but also on DVDs played on a PS4 connected to another HDMI input on the unit.

Another member had discovered that setting the height speaker setting from "Bundled Dolby speaker" to "Dolby Speaker(front)" reduced the buzzing, but it is still there. I've discovered if I set it to "Front Heigh" it disappears altogether.

My question is will the system will work and produce Atmos sound using the bundled Dolby speaker if either of these two settings are used? I can't see the difference between "Bundled Dolby speaker" and "Dolby speaker(front)". The "Front heigh" setting looks like it isn't designed for speakers which reflect from the ceiling.

I don't want to return the receiver if possible but I don't want to forego the full Atmos effect having spent so much money on the system.

Thanks for your help.

Mamaww

Novice Member
Hi. I recently bought the above system in the UK. I've read accounts on a couple of other posts about this issue where the left height speak produces a buzzing noise, and I am getting the same issue. Extensive testing leads me to conclude the fault is in the amplifier itself. It occurs at worst via the ARC input, but also on DVDs played on a PS4 connected to another HDMI input on the unit.

Another member had discovered that setting the height speaker setting from "Bundled Dolby speaker" to "Dolby Speaker(front)" reduced the buzzing, but it is still there. I've discovered if I set it to "Front Heigh" it disappears altogether.

My question is will the system will work and produce Atmos sound using the bundled Dolby speaker if either of these two settings are used? I can't see the difference between "Bundled Dolby speaker" and "Dolby speaker(front)". The "Front heigh" setting looks like it isn't designed for speakers which reflect from the ceiling.

I don't want to return the receiver if possible but I don't want to forego the full Atmos effect having spent so much money on the system.

Thanks for your help.
I have the exact same problem,you can change the configuration but the buzzing will always remain,turn volume to the max,the humming can be different or weaker but still here,My advice like look up for a certified Repair Center next to you on the onkyo website,They can order a new one and replace yours for free if you are still on warranty.
I’m waiting for mine on the Next Day Is as I am speaking

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom