Onkyo HT-S5305B and Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card

defect

Standard Member
I have the following Onkyo home theatre system and for some reason I am having numerous issues whilst trying to connect via HDMI to my PC's output. It has to be HDMI related because the screen just flicks on/off about 15-20 times before it actually manages to connect properly to the amp and it's driving me mad.

I found this sound card today:
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Surround Sound Card with Built in.. | Ebuyer.com

I was wondering, if I was to buy this, what would be the best output to use to connect it to the amp?

Thanks!

markpitchford

Standard Member
what outputs are you trying to connect to on the pc via hdmi ?

as for the xonar dg would have thought the Digital S/PDIF Output would be the best bet to link to the amp if it has the required input connection.

defect

Standard Member
what outputs are you trying to connect to on the pc via hdmi ?

as for the xonar dg would have thought the Digital S/PDIF Output would be the best bet to link to the amp if it has the required input connection.
I have one HDMI port on the back of the PC, it goes from that to one of the 'IN' ports on the amp. I'm pretty unknowledgeable with this kind of thing and it was just on the PC when it was purchased. After the monitor has turned itself on and off around 15 times (seems like some kind of adjustment process) then it's absolutely fine, it's very strange. I've updated the drivers to the card and everything, tried using a different HDMI cable etc, still no change.

Would there be a better card to buy than that? Is there a better output than digital? The only reason I ask is that I currently have my media streamer and my Sky+ HD box connected to the amp and it'd be a real pain to have to switch these over each time I wanted to use my PC's audio.

Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom