Onkyo HT-S5305

sonic099

Standard Member
Hi guys had this system for a while now and i've just brought my a panasonic TX-P42ST30B while everything is working fine, i have a slight problem with my media player i.e i can't get the 'ARC' to work with it being connected but if i disconnect the media player it was fine, has anyone got any suggestions on this or is it a media player thing?

thanks a million

sonic

p.s the media player is a sumvision cyclone live

dante01

Distinguished Member
Is the media player connected to the amp or directly to your TV and how is it connected? What type or types of file are you playing and what is their audio encoding?

Connect it directly to your amp and you will not need ARC. I suspect it has to do with the audio formats your TV supports and its ability to output them via ARC? Does your TV still output audio sourced via its own tuner via ARC when the media player is connected or is this too not functioning?

sonic099

Standard Member
i have tried the media player both ways, playing mkvs and flac etc etc, tv does not output audio to the amp via the arc but it does when media player is not connected at all

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom