Onkyo HT-S3305

toastedone

Hi, could someone tell me if the Onkyo HT-S3305 and the Onkyo HT-S3305B are exactly the same product? The reason i ask is that Richer sounds stock the HT-S3305 for £299 but i have found the HT-S3305B cheaper and would like them to price match.

Also I am new to home cinema, would this be a good starting point for me?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Often model number suffixes are used and often they're not. These usually refer to colour finishes e.g. B for black and so on. I am 99.9999% certain these are exactly the same but visit the Onkyo website and you should find out for sure. The 5305 is recommended above the 3305 as it has an active subwoofer compared with the 3305's passive subwoofer. This basically means the AV Receiver has less to do as it doesn't have to power the sub and also as the sub is powered, it can be upgraded later for a better model but to be honest with a budget receiver of this level, you wouldn't want to spend too much on a speaker setup anyway and I'll bet most people would replace both once they come to change. There are lengthy owners threads elsewhere on the forum which you should find by using the search function.

toastedone

Thanks, I have just got richer sounds to price match it for me and am picking it up today for £230 a good price i think.

Rob_Meister

What one did you go for in the end then? The HTS3305??

You say they price matched it, but where did you find the price of £230?