• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

onkyo hdcp problem

Optomotron

Since i have connected my PC via dvi-hdmi to my onkyo SR 606. I have been havind hdcp problems. Cyberlink reports back digital without hdcp, so i am uable to play my hd dvds and blu ray.
Deos anybody know a soloution to this?
Thanks

NewMan

Depends on what route you want to go down. Slysoft AnyDVD-HD will circumvent HDCP (it also strips region coding on dvds/blu-rays).
The other way is to connect the PC directly to your TV via VGA (assuming you have a VGA connection on your tv)...

Hope that helps...

Optomotron

thanks for the reply newman.
I use to have it connected directly to the tv with dvi-hdmi no problem.
I am now using anydvd but i shouldn't have to use it if you know what i mean.
I may just revert to the original setup but that defeats the object.

I have noticed that my nvidia control panel is noticing the SR606 as a display and i think that is where the problem lies

BarnsleyBMF

Standard Member
Hi

I am having a similar problem with my ATI based card. When connected to my Panny Plasma the HDCP works as the TV is seen as a digitial display in the graphics card options.

However when it is routed through the 606 then its the Onkyo thats seen as the display, even when the 606 is set to pass through.

And like KingBaka, the solution of routing the PC seperately into the TV isnt an option I want to use as I want to be able to quickly change between sources via the amp.

Is there anyone using either an Nvidia or ATI card that can see the TV rather than tha amp? I'm happy to upgrade the Graphics if someone can confirm that their setup works.

Cheers

Stuart

BarnsleyBMF

Standard Member
UPDATE

I thought it best to give an update on this as a resolution is always welcome when your searching for something on a forum.

Basically I was left with the options of either replacing the GPU or purchasing Slysoft AnyDVD-HD.

I would rather spend money on new hardware so took the plunge and purchased an ATI 3650 GPU and this fixed all the problems, screen resolution, HDCP and all the issues with the Onkyo, it only cost me £42 (as of December 2008) and I now have the setup that I have been aspiring for.

I hope my resolution helps.

Cheers

Stuart

h4rtey

Standard Member
well done chap for replying with an answer!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom