Onkyo DV S757

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jimmysil, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone had experience of the Onkyo DV S757 dvd player ?

Found a review from one magazine but that's it.

I know the specs, but am interested if anyone has heard and seen this player before.

Cheers

Jimmysil

2. Mr Kardon

Mr Kardon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for about 6 months,and I was very pleased with it.The DVD Audio sounded very clean and precise.The machine looks very nice especially when you fire it up ,with the blue lights surrounding the front panel buttons.The picture and sound are exceptional,so many tweaks available on the menu.There are no component video outputs on this machine so I had to use the next best thing s-video ,which as I mentioned gave an excellent picture, but I found myself messing around with the picture settings available for ages until I found the right one.With the audio settings you can tweak the speakers {distances,delays,size},bass management is more than adequate for DVD-AUDIO ,{you can set main speakers to small etc}there is also a test tone which is helpful for setting up the speaker volumes for DVD -AUDIO listening.Thats about as much as I can remember. All in all I was very happy with this dvd player and I thorougly recommend it.The reason I sold it was that I needed the money for my new speakers and being that I have another dvd player {Toshiba SD-2109mz} I decided to let it go.Hope this helped.Good Luck. :smoke: By the way it doesn't support the "SACD" format,only DVD-AUDIO but 800 model does both.

3. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Mr Kardon.

I managed to pick one up for £150 on ebay, won't be able to play with it till next week.

Cheers

Jimmysil