• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Onkyo Dock Blues DS-A3 with TX SR605?

sym8olo

Hi All,
Posted this on a thread related to DS-A3 docks or iPod / iPhone docks in general but it was a bit of an off topic Hijack - (tho the poster's problem had already been solved) :

I Have a TX-SR605 and using my DS-A3 dock I can't get the component video out to work (iPhone3GS and DS-A3) though composite is no problem. From the 605 manual it looks like its not possible with the amp as it only shows a DS-A1 and suggests 2 means of hooking up using the stereo L and R in and S-Video in on the Game input or just using the Tape input for the L and R phono and no video. Anyone able to confirm?
I'm thinking I may have a faulty dock as I've got a Wii working through both/either on Component input so I know component works on the Amp and tv
I've tried tape input for L/R audio on amp and composite input on amp/TV which works but tape input on amp and Component input on amp/tv doesnt seem to.
I've also ensured I've selected the right video mode for component as per the manual for the dock.
Any suggestions would be very welcome. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom