Onkyo Deep Color (Colour) and xvYCC Support

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chasman, Jan 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. chasman

chasman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone confirm for certain that the UK versions of Onkyo's TX-SR875/SR805/SR705 and SR605 all support Deep Color - UK don't mention it but and US sources do. Knowing other manufacturers have a tendency to charge us the same (or more) money for less hardware (Like SONY with versions of the PS3 without the PS2 chips inside) I wondered if the UK receivers are the Full Monty.

http://www.productwiki.com/onkyo-tx-sr875/ even claims under cons "• No tweaking of the REON processor except to disable xvYCC" - do they mean Onkyo haven't optimised the chipset or that the only setup option is to disable xvYCC? Why would you want to do that? I understand this is a colour range rather than colour depth feature but basically I'm after the best I can get for my PDP-508XD KURO for the least money - I want lossless audio in Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA and the best colour range and depth possible - I've been looking for days and have the following shortlist:

• One of the Onkyo's (the cheapest that achieves my stated aims)
    • Yamaha RX-V1800
    • Pioneer VSX-LX60 (should match the KURO and £250 cheaper than the Onkyo SR875)
    • Denon AVR-2808

I would welcome some advice. :lease: