Onkyo cs-515 system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by daznufc, Sep 12, 2007.

1. daznufc

daznufc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ive read this is a excellent cd micro system which would likely be suited to my small bedroom, can anyone suggest what to do speaker-wise or if infact this system isnt as good as advertised?:)

2. andyhayward

andyhayward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this system and have paired it with Q Acoustic 1020's and it sounds amazing. I think you would have to spend quite a bit more to better the sound from the Onkyo. I can't recomend it enough.

3. matt78

matt78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm running a CS-515 with Monitor Audio Bronze B2 speakers on spiked Atacama stands and it sounds superb. Soundstaging is awesome for a unit of this price and it copes with all types of music incredibly well. Don't be tempted by the packaged speakers though as they won't get anything like the best sound out of the electronics. The better the speakers, the better the unit sounds (the electronics are THAT good). I can only recommend the Onkyo/MA pairing. Avoid using MS902s (Mordaunt-Short) as they don't work well with this unit.