Standard Member
Hello
I purchased a new home cinema set up consisting of :

-Onkyo AVR807
-Onkyo BluRay 507
-Onkyo DS-A3 ipod dock
-Panasonic HD TV
-KEF 3005 speaker package

I have connected the TV and Blu Ray via HDMi to the AVR.
At the moment I have Sky+ and have connected this to the AVR via S Video and Optical cables. I have Sky HD on order and will connect this via HDMi.
The IPod dock is connected to the AVR via the supplied cables.
There are a few problems:

1. For Sky programmes, the AVR plays in 2 channel (no sub or centre speaker or rear speakers come into play) and this configuration cannot be changed. However when the TV is turned off, 5 channel sound shows on the AVR’s fascia and can be heard.

2. Blu Ray discs afford DolbyD HD and other advanced formats but these don’t appear to be available when cycling through the 5 channel options (e.g THX, PL II) on the AVR

3. For both Sky and Blu Ray discs the AVR’s fascia displays ‘<TV Sp On>’ rather than the sound format e.g. DolbyD. I have tried everything to remove it to no avail and wonder whether that has something to do with the issues above.
Any ideas?
cheers

Charlts

Hello
I purchased a new home cinema set up consisting of :

-Onkyo AVR807
-Onkyo BluRay 507
-Onkyo DS-A3 ipod dock
-Panasonic HD TV
-KEF 3005 speaker package

I have connected the TV and Blu Ray via HDMi to the AVR.
At the moment I have Sky+ and have connected this to the AVR via S Video and Optical cables. I have Sky HD on order and will connect this via HDMi.
The IPod dock is connected to the AVR via the supplied cables.
There are a few problems:

1. For Sky programmes, the AVR plays in 2 channel (no sub or centre speaker or rear speakers come into play) and this configuration cannot be changed. However when the TV is turned off, 5 channel sound shows on the AVR’s fascia and can be heard.

2. Blu Ray discs afford DolbyD HD and other advanced formats but these don’t appear to be available when cycling through the 5 channel options (e.g THX, PL II) on the AVR

3. For both Sky and Blu Ray discs the AVR’s fascia displays ‘<TV Sp On>’ rather than the sound format e.g. DolbyD. I have tried everything to remove it to no avail and wonder whether that has something to do with the issues above.
Any ideas?
cheers

Hi buddy, I had a similar head scratching moment with my 807 and the blu ray player. I now have it set to Direct which lets the blu ray decide and it'll say if it's master HD or whatever.

With regards the sky issue have a look in the menu's on your sky box and change the output to DD and remember not everythin gis broadcast in 5.1. I normally use one of the pre sets.

Not sure on the third one, have you looked on the website for the faq's/troubleshooting? Most of the niggles I've had with mine have been me not doing something right.:)

Ryan

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom