Onkyo AVR help needed

Alps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, brace yourselves! I still have my antiquated Onkyo 3010. But I now need to adjust the settings as I have it setup on Pass Through, which in turn I think is causing a major power drain in stand-by - it's using 93.5w! I want see if there are any other options for me to watch Sky Q but without the AVR and speakers coming on. The Pass Through helps do this.

I have the equipment in the hallway, and with the help of an HDBaset unit and CAT5, it runs my Sky Q and BD. I tried to use the Onkyo remote this evening, which I haven't used in years as I have a HarmonyOne remote (yup, I still have one of those too), but the I couldn't use the remote. But when I pressed the Home button on the Onkyo remote, it took me to my TV's Home Screen. The Menu button didn't work at all. The Setup button and volume buttons were fine.

I made sure I was using the Receiver option on the remote, but still no luck. This is the remote. Am I being really silly? Or totally missing something obvious?

IMG_3858.JPG

Push the Receiver key in the remote mode area (marked with blue rectangle)

Thanks for your reply dobrykamil. Unfortunately I tried that and still no luck. I've removed the batteries from the remote and going to put them back in later and try again to see if that resets anything.

Well, you can still bring up main settings page by usung button on the fron panel or use remote option in Onkyo mobile app. Once you do that, check Remote ID page and make sure ID is set to 1. Aslo, reset remote control to factory settings:

Ahh yes, the remote app. Totally forgot about that. Will give that a try later as removing the batteries didn't solve the issue.

Well, the remote app.didnt work as the 3010 isn't on the home network.

Also the rest of the remote didn't work either. I'm really baffled as to what on earth has happened. I never ever use the onkyo remote as always have used the Harmony One. I was going to email Onkyo and then found out they're out of business!!!

I'll use the old fashioned method of adjusting via the receiver itself this weekend. Would you know how to get to the remote ID page?

Well, I managed to sort out the remote and adjust the settings. But now I've somehow c0cked up the settings! Would you be able to advise on the following [;ease? This is what I had before:

Sky Q with TV sound via pass through

Sky Q with AVR sound

Apple TV with AVR sound

Everything worked perfect.

But now everything seems to have messed up even when I put the old settings back.

Sky Q with TV sound via pass through. This works as it should.

Sky Q with AVR sound - now I get audio via the TV and AVR speakers, hence causing an echo. When this is on, there are letters T-D on the display on the AVR, which weren't there before I started playing around with settings. What do these letters mean?

Apple TV with AVR sound - severe lip sync issues on Netflix and Amazon Prime

The settings I've used are:

HDMI Control (RIHD) - On
HDMI Through - Auto (cannot change this option as default)
Audio TV Out - Auto (cannot change this option as default)
Audio Return Channel - Auto (there's an option to turn Off but it makes no change either way.
Lip Sync On (although, now even with lip sync on or off, some stuff on Netflix and Amazon has horrific lip sync issues).
Sub Window - Multi
Position - Right

What have I done wrong?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom