onkyo av receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by othello, Jul 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as i`m quite new to all this home cinema stuff,i would like peoples opinion on the onkyo ds 595.it is about 380 quid.looks amazing and seems to have all the bits i need on it.even dpl2.i have a panasonic dvd player and tele.thought about a pana receiver to but not sure what they would be like.the above make are they good?and is the receiver any good?or should i look else where.dont want to go over the top to start with.cheers.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    It is a good receiver and has had good magazine reviews. It doesn't get many mentions in the forum as the dealer base doesn't seem to be as big as Yamaha, Denon, Sony etc

It has a much higher regard over the pond where presumably they do a better job of marketing the brand.

Have a look at whatever Marantz model is in the same price bracket as well (should be 6200) which is an excellent receiver and is also very good in stereo mode which some of the other AV receivers aren't.

3. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look here. The new RXV-630 does have DPII. I once very briefly heard the Onkyo with MS speaker and the impression I got is it's sounded musically but pretty laid back and not much slam for explosive movies sound track (it could be the small speaker though).

http://www.balancedaudio.co.za/REVIEWS/DSPAX620/what_hi.htm