Onkyo Authorised UK Dealers? grey imports?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Walter Sobchak, Jan 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I have been told by acton-gate-audio that Krish audio are not an authorised Onkyo dealer and are obtaining product from abroad. So Onkyo UK will not support the 3 yr warranty products, in fact I think they only offer a 1 yr warranty and the product has to be returned to the country of origin. And that Onkyo have already refused to upgrade any 875 and 905 purchased from Krish.

Where can I get a list of UK authorised Onkyo dealers?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    To the best of my knowlege there's no such thing, as they are available, genuine UK stock, to custom installers as well as retail, from distribution as well as direct from onkyo in, er, Germany.... The grey import thing is a mess, but really, Onkyo from Onkyo GB is shipped direct from Germany,and it's a right pain in the ....,. for me I can tell you! No idea about Krish, but cannot see what profit there is in grey importing, unless you've been struck off by Onkyo and AWE, the distributor, for mis-selling or similar. Why not phone Krish and ask them straight?

3. Rom

Rom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +746
    Go to http://www.onkyo.co.uk and click on distribution & service on the left. You can look at authorised dealers there.

4. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I will call Krish tomorrow and ask. Some retailers are offering 3 years warranty and some only 1 year or 18 months. Just wondering which if any are grey imports.

5. go7blue

go7blue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If the dealer can`t offer the 3 yr warranty then they`re not buying through the UK .There are plenty of dealers who can offer the warranty.

6. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks Rom, Krish and HiFix(where I have had cheapest quotes) are not on the authorised dealers list.

7. drashp

drashp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28

HiFix are on the authorized dealer list - copy and paste from a search on Coventry

"Frank Harvey HiFi
    163 Spon St
    CV1 3BB Coventry
    United Kingdom
    Tel: 02476 631 707
    Homepage: http://www.hifix.co.uk"

8. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    ah fek how did I miss that??? ta!!

9. Member 6435

Member 6435

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Morning

All authorised Onkyo dealers that purchase their stock through Onkyo UK have the full manufacturers warranty which is 2 years for the 605, 705 and three years for the 805, 875 and 905. I would question any retailer indicating warranty periods other than these (unless of course they have made a mistake on their site so worth calling them to check). It is correct that units not purchased through Onkyo UK and their dealers/ UK distributors are likely to have to be returned to the retailer where they were purchased for any warranty issue. These units may well not be handled by Onkyo UK's appointed service agents Genserve and may have to be sent back to the European country they were purchased through. All serial numbers are tracked so it is easy for Onkyo to check where stock came from.

One other thing to note is the the 875 amps are different for the UK and have been specifically 'tuned' for the UK market. Units not sourced via Onkyo UK and the proper channels are likely to be the non-UK version. Worth checking with the retailer before purchase.

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

10. hifix

hifix
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,428
    Just to confirm - we offer the full manufacturers warranties on the entire Onkyo range. We are authorised stockists for all the manufacturers we advertise, and deal in genuine UK stock.

I would also like to make people aware that although some retailers are authorised UK stockists for some manufacturers, it doesn't mean they buy their stock from the UK, which was the case with a very well known nationwide retailer and a few years ago.

11. Slave2DaBox

Slave2DaBox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer Sounds is fine :) just got my 605 yesterday