Onkyo announces World's 1st AVRs featuring INSTAPREVUE and MHL Technologies

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Onkyo and Silicon Image, purveyor of wireless and wired HD connectivity solutions, are to launch the world's first line of Audio Video Receivers (AVRs) featuring Silicon Image's InstaPrevue technology and MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) technology.

attachment.php

What's that? We hear you ask - InstaPrevue technology provides the first-ever, live picture-in-picture preview of HDMI and MHL inputs connected to the AVR, allowing users to view and select a live preview window to switch between their Blu-ray Disc player, DVD player, game console, or other HDMI or MHL-enabled connected devices. With InstaPrevue technology, consumers no longer need to cycle through inputs or navigate text-based menus (i.e., HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, etc.) to switch between source devices.

InstaPrevue

MHL technology is a 'rapidly growing' HD audio/video connectivity standard, apparently, that enables a mobile device to transmit 1080p uncompressed video with up to eight channels of digital audio over five pins, while also supporting HDCP content protection. MHL-enabled AVRs, such as those manufactured by Onkyo, provide power to the mobile device when connected via MHL, ensuring that the device battery is charged and ready to use even after viewing a full-length feature movie. Consumers are also able to control MHL-enabled mobile devices using the existing AVR remote.

“Silicon Image's InstaPrevue technology is a unique, value-added feature that will enhance and differentiate our AVR products,” said Ken Araki, Director of Product Planning and Marketing, Onkyo Sound & Vision Corporation. We're pleased to be the working with Silicon Image and proud to be the first to market with AV receivers incorporating InstaPrevue technology.”

“The 2012 Onkyo AVRs add to the growing MHL ecosystem of DTVs, smartphones and tablets, and are the first to support InstaPrevue technology,” said Alex Chervet, senior director of marketing at Silicon Image. “InstaPrevue technology offers a simple and seamless viewing experience by taking the guesswork out of switching between HDMI sources. With InstaPrevue technology, consumers see a live preview of each active HDMI or MHL input connected to an AVR, making it easier and more intuitive to switch between a Blu-ray Disc player, set-top box, DVD player, game console, MHL-enabled smartphone or other MHL or HDMI-connected devices.”

Silicon Image's InstaPrevue technology will be demonstrated at the 2012 International CES in Las Vegas. The company will exhibit in a private booth (#MP25578) located in the South Hall 2, Ground Floor of the Las Vegas Convention Center.

For more information about Onkyo, visit Onkyo | Europe. Onkyo will exhibit in a public suite at the Venetian Hotel rooms 2709/2710 in Las Vegas during CES 2012 so maybe we'll see them out there.

Attachments

• insta.jpg
    insta.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,438
both good pieces of technology, out of the two I like INSTAPREVUE. I'm planning on buying a Onkyo TXNR-609, does anybody know the likelihood of 609 users getting INSTRAPREVUE via firmware update? I understand the 2010 onkyo AVR's received the spotify updates the 2011 AVR's had.

thanks in advance.

Would anyone leave other sources turned on while watching another..?

If I was watching Sky one minute, I wouldn't leave the Blu-Ray playing so I could go back to Instaprevue to see what source it was..?!

Just do as i do and rename the HDMI 1, HDMI 2 etc..

InstaPrevue technology.

I'm surprised this hasn't been thought of before. I'd definitely use it.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom