• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

onkyo amp sr577 and input 4

hi all,

have a onkyo tx-sr577 amp, it has 4 inputs, now using 1,2 and 3 i select by pressing the 3 buttons on the front, but for the life of me i cannot work out what i press to select input 4? ive only got the foreign instructions, as the uk booklet was missing :(

any help greatly appreciated
jase

logiciel

It has a lot more than four inputs but I guess you're referring only to the HDMI inputs.
1 2 and 3 start off allocated to the DVD/BD VCR/DVR and CBL/SAT input buttons, while 4 is not allocated at all which is why you can't find a button for it!
Of course you can change those allocations, as shown on page 41 of the manual, and that's where you do the allocation of 4 to the input button of your choice.
That's right about the foreign language, though I've seen much worse.

Last edited:
sorted now thanks for the link and the advice :)

Duke

Established Member
Glad I could (finally) be of some use:D

logiciel

Use to me too, not having to look up a link to the manual. :thumbsup:

Duke

Established Member
Use to me too, not having to look up a link to the manual. :thumbsup:

Well, if you have the patience, and the strength of character, to wade through the waffle - and overlook the occasional faux-pas - I do, occasionally, produce a nugget of useful information:D

But then again - an infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters...;)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom