Onkyo Amp and UHD player problem

S4XOD

Novice Member
Needing some assistance to solve a 4k issue.

I have the following set up.....
DVD - Sony UHD UBP x700 player
CABLE - Virgin V6 box

All the devices above are Connected to an Onkyo HTS5805 AV amp and speakers, outputting to....
TV - Sony KD-55X8509

When all was first connected the TV flickered and would not display in 4k format. It produced sound though. It would display in 1080p no problem. When connected direct, no through the amp, it would display a 4k picture no problem. This pointed to an issue with the amp.

After much googling and enabling of the HDMI connection for 4k etc. A full shut down and restart of the TV, Amp and V6 managed to get a 4k picture in place along with dolby Atmos when viewing BT Sport UHD. There didn't seem to be any one fix that sorted it, almost a fluke.

I now have the same problem when trying to view the UHD player, no picture.

The HDMI port on the TV is the ARC connection, which is 4k enabled and displays the v6 box in 4k.

If the DVD player is connected straight to the TV, not through the amp, it works fine. The amp interface is the issue but I'm lost as to how to resolve !

Also tonight the TV displayed no picture when switching on to view the V6 box, just sound. A switch off of all devices and restart brought it back. I'm wondering if there is a handshake issue in the set up.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom