Question Onkyo A-9130 vs Marantz PM6006 Integrated Stereo Amplifier - UK Edition

FurtherUpThanDown

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, posting again after my last post and a bit of research online. I have a Technics SL-QD33 turntable and the Elac Debut B5.2. I want an amp to connect them with along with my pc (forgot to mention the last part on the previous post). A lot of people recommend the Onkyo A-9010 but since it does not have an amp I found the A-9130 for £300. My other choice is the Marantz PM6006 Integrated Stereo Amplifier - UK Edition for £329. I am just wandering how they fair against each other and which has the better DAC. Looking online, there seem to be some problematic units of the Marantz but that could have been fixed/be rare. I greatly appreciate your input and I am really excited to get into this hobby. Thank you!

The Marantz is, in my opinion, superior to the Onkyo. The Marantz’s DAC is the same one that is found in the award winning CD6006UK. The Marantz is a highly musical, sweet-sounding amp: probably the best new amplifier available for that money.

Second vote for the Marantz. DAC is very good, it's the same one I have in my Marantz sa8005 SACD player which was a £1100 unit when new, so that tells you how good that particular DAC is.

The A-9130 has HT bypass if that is of any use to you.

Another for the marantz but is there any chance of listening to them both with your Elac Debut B5.2?

Selling mine if interested

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom