Question Onkyo 9010 or NAD C316BEE for KEF Q100

vicsay

Novice Member
Hi!

I recently bought a pair of KEF Q100 at great price. They are connected to an old HTIB from Onkyo (HT-S5100, receiver HT-R560) to replace my front speakers.

I´m planning to use these speakers only for music, so I’m interested in buying an integrated stereo amplifier for that. I’ll like to get more sound quality from the KEF’s, and only use the HTIB for movies.

My two options (similar price in my country) are:
-Onkyo 9010
-NAD C316BEE

My room are small, aprox 10 x 13’ so I don’t need to get a high volume or a Subwoofer. I planning to play music from Chromecast audio, cd player and an old Technics turntable (I have a Phono Preamplifier too).

Is too difficult to listen these amps in my country, so probably I’ll going to buy it online.

Can I get some different sound quality from these amps compare it to the HT-R560?

Many thanks!!

gibbsy

The NAD is the most powerful and I know by experience that KEF speakers perform better given more power and it's 'warm' sound would suit the Q100s better.

vicsay

Novice Member
Many thank @gibbsy ! Yep, I prefer a warmer sound, claer and details. I know that these are budget amps, but I think they are great.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom