• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

onkyo 876 scaling question

J

jammer1

Hi was hoping someone can help.I just hooked up a dtv rec that is only SD the only option is svideo connection.So i have svideo to rec and hdmi to tv.No matter what i set the hdmi out to it looks pretty bad.I had an fta receiver hooked up with componet cables to rec and hdmi to tv and it looked fine.To me it looks like it cant upscale svideo to well.I wonder if running the hdmi to the tv is making it worse?Btw 61 led dlp i guess that size of tv isnt helping.Any one have any ideas how to teak it to get a better picture?Thx in advance

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi was hoping someone can help.I just hooked up a dtv rec that is only SD the only option is svideo connection.So i have svideo to rec and hdmi to tv.No matter what i set the hdmi out to it looks pretty bad.I had an fta receiver hooked up with componet cables to rec and hdmi to tv and it looked fine.To me it looks like it cant upscale svideo to well.I wonder if running the hdmi to the tv is making it worse?Btw 61 led dlp i guess that size of tv isnt helping.Any one have any ideas how to teak it to get a better picture?Thx in advance

Hi. :)
There was a few moans with S-Video in the owners thread awhile back :( out of asking what's it like with the said connection direct to the TV?
All the best.

J

jammer1

I think when i get home tonight i will hook dtv rec svideo straight to tv and see if that makes any difference.going through rec makes the pic kind of dull looking

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom