Onkyo 875 firmware update (v1.07)

Rob20

Having read in the latest HCC about 'bit bombs' caused by bitstreamed DTS MA tracks (on certain Blu-Ray titles) potentially damaging your speakers, I phoned Genserve about a firmware update, (GenServe being the service agent for Onkyo Uk). Having had some minor issues with the DTS MA soundtrack on cars I was hoping to be able to receive a cd to update my firmware. Unfortuantly as my version is 1.02 it will require being picked up by courier to have the update applied. Apparantly if your firmware is currently 1.04 or above a cd will suffice. 1.07 I think is the latest update. To check which firmware version you currently have simply press and hold the display button on the front of your amp and while holding press the standby button. Then release both. It should then display the current version. However, once my amp has been modified, future firmware updates will be via cd.

For more info phone GenServe with your firmware number on 01793 886333 or look here for details http://www.genserve.co.uk/contactus.html.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised that other models in the range may/will be affected. Listed in HCC - TX-SR 506, 705, 805, 875, 905 models sold during 2007.

Blu-Ray titles reported to suffer problems:

Golden Compass
The Fly
Fantastic Four
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Master and Commander
Flight of the Pheonix
Flyboys

tdtm82

Novice Member
Glad they are using an update firmware cd service. I was not aware of that. Feel a bit more relieved now I didn't splash out for the £1k version which was far too much for my little room.

For more info phone GenServe with your firmware number on 01793 886333 or look here for details http://www.genserve.co.uk/contactus.html.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised that other models in the range may/will be affected. Listed in HCC - TX-SR 506, 705, 805, 875, 905 models sold during 2007.

Blu-Ray titles reported to suffer problems:

Golden Compass
The Fly
Fantastic Four
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Master and Commander
Flight of the Pheonix
Flyboys[/QUOTE]

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom