Onkyo 809 fair replacement fomr Marantz SR8001?

clarky78

Looking to replace my Marantz as it's not got the features of the newer amp that I would find quite useful. But I don't want to downgrade, and wonder if the Onkyo is as good for stereo as much as movies. I realise it will probably be better for movies, as the Marantz was always more known for it's musical ability.

Or maybe an alternative that is still having the features. I likfe the idea of having individual ISF settings for each video input and HQV is nice. 3D capability is a must as is network/iPod input.

eaglemmoomin

Novice Member
Looking to replace my Marantz as it's not got the features of the newer amp that I would find quite useful. But I don't want to downgrade, and wonder if the Onkyo is as good for stereo as much as movies. I realise it will probably be better for movies, as the Marantz was always more known for it's musical ability.

Or maybe an alternative that is still having the features. I likfe the idea of having individual ISF settings for each video input and HQV is nice. 3D capability is a must as is network/iPod input.
? Why not purchase a Marantz SR7005 or a Denon 4311 a Denon 3311/3312 would be another option as thats about the closest that you will get to your Marantz SR8001

clarky78

I have a simlar thred regarding and amp for CM speakers, BUT, I have decided the CM's are not as good as my kefs.. So the amp is still for replacement. I'm still possibly replacing the speakers but no idea what will offer me what I want for the price I'm prepared to pay.

Iäm not concerned necassarily with the closest sonic match to the Marantz, just that it will be as good. I'm looking for a bit more warmth from the low end maybe and detail. But that is where replacing the Kefs came in. I have considered the Marantz but heard they have updated the sound to more upfront than previous models like mine which they always said were too reserved. Also, and more importantly, it doens't have quite the tech of say the Onkyo. I'll check out the Denon, not really considered them casue they always look cheap!

KUBBY

Novice Member