• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo 806 Problem?

richdgrant

Hey folks,

I've had my Onkyo 806 for a few months now but recently I have been having an annoying issue with it.

When I switch it on in the morning, sometimes (not always) the sound on Pure Audio, Direct and Stereo is very very quiet and tinny.

The other modes such as PLII Music etc all seem to sound fine. I usually have to switch the unit off a few times for the sound on Pure Audio, Direct and Stereo to sound how it should.

I've had a search on here but wasn't able to find anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Rich

richdgrant

Hey folks,

I've had my Onkyo 806 for a few months now but recently I have been having an annoying issue with it.

When I switch it on in the morning, sometimes (not always) the sound on Pure Audio, Direct and Stereo is very very quiet and tinny.

The other modes such as PLII Music etc all seem to sound fine. I usually have to switch the unit off a few times for the sound on Pure Audio, Direct and Stereo to sound how it should.

I've had a search on here but wasn't able to find anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Rich

Hey again,

Just to describe the issue a bit better, when playing sound through pure audio, direct or stereo mode, it sounds like there is a pair of earphones plugged in and all you can hear is the sound coming out of them. (like hearing someone with loud music on their mp3 player on a bus :))

pjb7251

Standard Member
I sounds like I have a simular problem in that when I use the `pure audio` it is very quiet, just like you described, unfortunately I don`t have a solution for you. At least you know youre not on your own

pjb7251:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom