• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo 706 or 806 with Acoustic Energy

whosthedaddy

Standard Member
I'm looking at both the above amps and i'm also considering the Acoustic Energy Aelite 3 5.1 package or the Aegis Neo 5.1 package.

Am i wasting my money by going up to the 806 or will the 706 be good enough for either package of speakers?

Any help would be be appreciated - Thanks.

whosthedaddy

Standard Member
Anybody???

kryss

Standard Member
Hi,

have a look on the Onkyo web-site and you can do a compare, but i have just bought the 706 which is great. The only differences that come to mind when i was researching was the power per chanel, and the grade of THX. Other than that I think they were the only differences.

Take a look and see for yourself

Cheers

james.miller

the 8xx and 9xx are in a different class to the 7xx series. the 806 is ~40% heavier (17kg vs 12) and about 27% larger than the 706 which is pretty indicative itself, but its more immediate in listening. i dont think you'd have a problem with the 706 at all but the 806 is a real step up in sound quality :) itsw quite a lrage difference in clean power output as well - about 75w/channel for the 605 and 100w/channel for the 806

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom