Onkyo 608 HDMI Audio and 24p video HELP!

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

After several hours of tweaking around in Windows 7 64BIT I managed to get lossless audio (DD, DTS, DTS HD Master and DD TRUE-HD) by tweaking a few setting in ffdshow and XBMC.. This guide is fantastic for anyone who is interested:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...sing-dsplayer/

Please not I am using ffdshow and passing through the audio as can seen in the guide above and also I downloaded XBMC DSPlayer version as I believe this is the only way to get bitstreaming audio?

After I applied the settings and tweaked the filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml as advised in the guide. I get lossless HD sound via my Onkyo 608 Amp from my HTPC (Windows 7 64bit, Intel i3 HD Graphics, Zotac H55 mobo, 4GB Ram.. )

At first when I load up windows it says MCH PCM which is 5.1 on my AMP when I play a .mkv file or a .m2ts file in XBMC there is a clicking noise coming from the Onkyo and then I get full HD sound and DTS , DD or DTS HD MA, DD TRUE HD lights up on the Onkyo depending on what the source is..

*I have been wondering if this clicking sound is normal when it switches over to the HD sound from MCH PCM?

Now my major issue is withing XBMC and this is where I please need help. When I try to "Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video" (option in XBMC video setting) the DTS or DD or whatever lights up .. sound comes from the amp and speakers and then every 5-10 secs there is a clicking sound coming from the Onkyo 608, the HDMI sign keeps blinking (like its searching for a signal) and then it works fine and after a few seconds it just happens again and repeats its self.. when I uncheck the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video" then the video plays at 50hz and the audio is absolutely fine.. Why is this?

I really want to playback at 24p.. My TV does support this LG 60 PK590 and I used to be able to do this when I used to use an Optical Cable for the audio going into my AMP only then I was not getting the DTS HD MA or DD TRUE-HD as Optical cable doesn't support this.

So... Just to summarise:

1 - What must I do to get 24p video playback without interfearing with the audio also coming from HDMI?

2 - Is all the clicking sounds normal when switching to DTS or DD or whatever.

3 - Anyone who has similar setup or who has followed the guide as above, what do you use a your video decoder in XBMC? Do you use MPC decoder or MS Video Decoder? Which is better?

Many many thanks and look forward in hearing from you..
I hope this doesn't sound too confusing lol
wink.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom