Onkyo 606 with more than 5 av units

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by spartan77777, Feb 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. spartan77777

spartan77777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have all 5 my Onkyo 606 devices occupied and I still have more to connect since I am waiting for the delivery of my Popcorn hour A-110 unit.
    I think I read somewhere that, one can connect 2 devices to the same option such as connecting 2 devices to TV/GAME where I would add the Popcorn hour through HDMI to my existing RCA based TIVO connection. In this mode whenever popcorn hour is on due to HDMI priority I would get to view the popcorn hour output and once that is turned off TIVO would be restored. Is this assumption valid? Has anyone tried anything like with where they had HDMI/component or HDMI/RCA based multiple devices hooked up to single channel. Also, is it true that the preference to the single is in the order of
    HDMI, Component, SVideo, RCA (system will automatically opt to best incoming connection quality) when more than one device is on.:confused:

2. dwhite

dwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    This is correct apart from when you assign a component input, it will not cascade down to the svideo/composite inputs if the component input is not present. It will from HDMI to component (if HDMI not present) and HDMI to svideo/composite (again if HDMI signal is not present).