• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

onkyo 606 through freeview

sheephorse

Established Member
i have an onkyo 606 and dont have sky or virgin, but i was wondering if i can plug my ariel cable into the amp to give a better picture and how would i connect it ? i know this is probly a daft question

thanks

davepuma

Distinguished Member
You can't connect the aerial to the amp anyway, the only RF input is for an FM aerial (tuner) and connecting additional equipment like DVD recorders, sat receivers etc. can actually weaken the signal. If your freeview picture is poor, I suggest you look into a new aerial after checking what the overall reception is like in your area. Sites like digitaluk.co.uk should give you an idea. Your yellow pages should list details of qualified aerial installers in your area. I would also check the aerial flylead itself, satcure.co.uk sell good quality aerial cables for a few quid and ensure the aerial socket on your wall is okay. Often the cheap (and nasty) white aerial cables don't fit very well but check the connection between the RF cable to the aerial. If your neighbours don't get any problems it could well be down to your cabling or aerial.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom