Onkyo 606 Remote, volume down does not work.

EIwood

Standard Member
I've checked the batteries in the remote, all the other buttons work fine, so I am assuming there is a hardware fault where the volume down button does not work.

It is annoying as to turn the volume down I have to get up each time. What I want to know, is that is there a way for me to take the remote apart and possibly resolder it at home?

Do Genserve offer a remote control repair/exchange service, or does anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

If I got a replacement would it even work with my amp or would I have to get a whole new amp? I hope not as that would be ridiculous to have to buy an entire new amp just for the one remote button being broken.

Please help! :lease:

LucyC

Standard Member
There always seems to be someone selling Onkyo remotes on fleabay you could have a look on there/

Lucy

EIwood

Standard Member
That was the first place I looked before asking and there's none on there that I could find, unfortunately.

Badger0-0

If I got a replacement would it even work with my amp or would I have to get a whole new amp? I hope not as that would be ridiculous to have to buy an entire new amp just for the one remote button being broken.
You certainly wouldn't have to replace the amp.
At least I would hope not.

If you're looking at a replacement remote, it might be a good time to consider an all in one to control all your kit.

They're not for everyone though.

Google "Logitech Harmony" for examples if you're interested.

EIwood

Standard Member
Well, I just got the shock of my life. Just received this from Genserve.

Genserve said:
The cost for a new remote is £45.99 plus £2.50 p&p.You have a 2 year warranty on this unit so if you can email pop we can send out.

What is a pop exactly? It's kind of vague.

But serious £45 for a remote alone? What the hell man. Seriously.

Badger0-0

Not sure what pop is, but £45 is actually not that bad believe it or not.

EIwood

Standard Member
Really? £45 for a single remote control is reasonable? I'd rather get the exercise and get up to turn the volume down, that's an expense I can't really afford.

Badger0-0

It's one of those things where they have you in the net, in that you can't get one from anywhere else.

It's also why I mentioned the all in ones.

Although, having re-read that Genserve reply, I'm wondering if they're saying you have a 2 year warranty on the remote and they're offering to replace it for free.

I'd get on the blower and ask the question, as it seems you get non-sensical mails from them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom